Tuesday, November 17, 2015

the Sweet By and By Inn page 2

the Sweet By and By Inn page 2 by ric Gustafson


The green Aura slowed as Zeke saw the sign. It read ' Riverton 1 mile". Just then, he noticed a second sign that read ' Sweet By and By Inn 1 mile". It pointed toward a gravel road. He eased the speed and noticed how beautiful the colors of the trees were. He drove on the gravel road until it stopped. He had to turn left or right. He turned right and ended up at a river's edge. The water looked peaceful and calm. Up ahead, he noticed a full length wooden footbridge that stretched all the way across to the other side.
He drove until he noticed a small wooden sign that said ' the Sweet By and By Inn'. He turned into a small circuliar driveway. An elderly woman , wearing a straw hat and white shorts, was pulling some weeds out of what looked like a vegetable garden.
He got out of the car and walked down a cobblestoned path toward her. " Excuse me". He looked at her. " Is this the Sweet By and By Inn?".
" It sure is" Crystal Manning replied with a grin as she put down her dirt digging tool. " How can I help you?".
" I am working nearby on business". His voice hesitated. " I was wondering if you had a room I could rent while I am here?".
" You are in luck". She took off her straw hat and wiped sweat from her brow. " I have one room left that is not occupied".
Zeke smiled. " I'll take it".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: