Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Flavius Artemis the centurion page 1

Flavius Artemis the centurion page 1 by ric Gustafson


My name is Flavius Artemis. I am a centurion. I was assigned to a post in Rome years ago. Before that I served a post in Jerusalem under Pontius Pilate.
Recently, I was asked to come to the Via Nomentana where the hills were full of graveyards. When I got there with some soldiers under me, it was completely dark out. Then I noticed dark forms approaching carrying lanterns.
I asked an old man who was near me " why are they in the dark gathering in this graveyard?".
The old man smiled. " We are Christians and we have to gather in secret".
" Why is that?".
" Jews and the population at large accuse us of crimes and hate us".
Just then, an old man appeared near a fire.
The old man smiled and pointed. " He is here".
Flavius scratched his chin. " Who is here?".
" Peter the fisherman".
Those present fell on their knees.
" He was with Christos".
" Christos?".
" Jesus the Nazarene".
Memories of when he served under Pontius Pilate began to flood Flavius's mind.


research help: ' Quo Vadis' by Henryk Sienkiewicz


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: