Saturday, December 19, 2015

the return of E Scrooge page 1

the return of E Scrooge page 1 by ric Gustafson


Ebenezer Scrooge walked into his office. His nephew Freddie was sitting at a table working on numbers.
Scrooge smiled. " Merry Christmas nephew".
He gave him a startled look. " Uncle, right now I don't have time for Christmas".
" What do you mean no time for Christmas?".
Freddie shook his head. " Right now I'm trying to keep you financially afloat". He showed him his ledger. " You're poor enough".
" Nephew, I'm poor because I choose to be so". He smiled. " So again I say Merry Christmas".
" But Uncle it is summer not Christmas".
" I know". He smiled. " I choose to be happy and giving all year long".
" Your sentiments are admirable Uncle" Freddie exclaimed as kept working in the ledger. " But I have bills to pay and this ledger to balance".
Scrooge put on his muffler. " May I come dine with you and your family tomorrow?".
" We do not have much food to spare".
" I do not eat much". He opened the door to leave. " Merry Christmas nephew".


research help: ' The Further Adventures of Ebenezer Scrooge' by Charlie Lovett


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: