Tuesday, December 15, 2015

the free gift page 11

the free gift page 11 by ric Gustafson


The day before Christmas


Kirby watched as the last of the decorative boxes rolled down the conveyor belt. He turned off the belt and put the last box on top of the worktable. He put a label on it and then took the top off. He put a small card inside and then closed it back up. He put it on a pallet and then finished wrapping it.
His young boss walked in. " It's 5:00 Kirby".
" I just finished the last pallet".
" Kirby" Jesus said as he patted his shoulder. " Thank you for helping me with my Christmas shipments".
Kirby smiled. " Just doing my job". He walked over to turn off the work lights.
" One more thing". Jesus opened up a work drawer and took out a decorative box.
Kirby gave him a puzzled stare. " I'm sorry, I thought I had put all the boxes on the pallet".
Jesus grinned as he held up the box. " I was saving this one". He looked at Kirby with love in his eyes. " Kirby, is your brother going to be there tonight?".
" Yes, he is".
Jesus handed the box to Kirby. " Please give this gift to your brother from me".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: