Tuesday, December 8, 2015

I knew Crazy Horse page 2

I knew Crazy Horse page 2 by ric Gustafson


I had been to Rapid City many times. It was a large town on the northeastern edge of the Black Hills. Those hills were the only mountains in South Dakota. I enjoyed standing on Bear Butte. It stood northwest of Rapid City near the town of Sturgis. It was called Bear Butte because from the south it resembled a bear lying on it's stomach. It was a sacred place to the Lakota.
Grandfather was told that Crazy Horse was born along nearby Rapid Creek. Crazy Horse probably stood on Bear Butte. Grandfather took me to Ash Hollow State Historical Park south of Chadron Nebraska. Grandfather told me that Crazy Horse had been here around 1855. At the time, he was twelve or thirteen. I asked Grandfather why he had been here. He told me the story.


research help: ' In the footsteps of Crazy Horse' by Joseph Marshall III


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: