Monday, December 14, 2015

the free gift page 10

the free gift page 10 by ric Gustafson


" Well, look who's here" said Mark as he and Evelyn worked on a snowman.
She packed heavy snow to make an arm. " I'm going in".
Mark put a carrot in the snowman as his nose. " So how is the gift wrap business?". He gave a snicker. " From California wealth to decorative boxes".
" I did not get wealthy".
He stared at his brother. " What happened to that Internet company you invested in while I took care of Mom?".
" The company did well for a couple of years" Kirby said as he packed more snow unto the snowman. " Eventually the company had to fold and I lost almost everything".
" Well little brother" Mark replied as he put two coals in the head for some eyes. " While you were living your life in California, I was here taking care of Mom".
" I did not know you felt that way".
Mark began to walk toward the house. " Well, I do".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: