Wednesday, December 2, 2015

the free gift page 2

the free gift page 2 by ric Gustafson


Kirby stood outside the front door of the shop. The want ad and the plain white sign above said ' Heaven's Gift Wrap". He opened the door to reveal a sparse reception area that contained a solitary steel desk in the right hand corner. A simple file cabinet had a coffee pot on top that was percolating. He walked up to a wooden table and rang a bell for assistance.
From an open doorway to the back came a young man wearing a white sweatshirt, white workout pants and pure white sneakers.
" Hello Kirby" he said with a smile as he pointed to an empty chair next to the desk. " Please, have a seat".
Kirby sat down in the chair. " How did you know my name is Kirby?".
" I met you a long time ago when you were a young man growing up".
He gave him a puzzled stare. " Sorry I don't remember that". He handed him the want ad.
" You are interested in a job".
" I sure am". He glanced around the room. " I've been gone for a long time but have decided recently to come home".
" I bet it wasn't easy living in California". He grinned as he took an employment form from a desk drawer.
" No it wasn't". He stared again at the young man. " How did you know I lived in California?".
Jesus smiled as he handed him the form. " Are you still interested in the job?".
" I sure am". He signed the form.


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: