Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Christmas Greetings from the Bob Lewis Museum page 3

Christmas Greetings from the Bob Lewis Museum page 3 by ric Gustafson


I saw row after row of everything you could think of. " What is all this stuff?".
" I opened the museum to show people my treasures". He smiled at me. " Here I'll show you".
He walked over to a shelf and picked up an old waffle iron. " My mother made the best waffles".
Doris walked over to an old tractor that was in a corner. " Jack, my father had a tractor just like this".
Jack saw an old bible on a nearby table. " Looking at this stuff reminds me of Matthew 6".
Bob grinned. " Somebody showed me that a long time ago".
Jack picked up the bible and turned it to the book of Matthew. " This chapter talks about not hoarding treasures but stockpiling treasure in heaven".
Bob grinned at Jack. " I'll tell you what I told him".
" What's that?".
" I enjoy having my treasures with me".
A voice came from the house. " Bob, it's time to eat".
He smiled. " Well, I better lock up".
After we left the barn, he locked it up.
" Thanks for coming and looking at my museum". He shook my hand and then walked into the house.
As Doris and I left to continue our journey back home,  I pondered Matthew 6.

The End


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings, Love Ric

No comments: