Tuesday, December 8, 2015

I knew Crazy Horse page 1

I knew Crazy Horse page 1 by ric Gustafson


This is my story.

I lived along the Smoking Earth River. I lived on the Northern edge of the Rosebud Sioux Indian Reservation. I was different because I had blue eyes and light brown hair. My name was three parts Lakota and one part white. Sometimes my parents spoke Lakota. My grandparents had a horse ranch twenty miles out of town. I enjoyed resting the horses along Horse Creek.
My Grandfather would tell me about Crazy Horse who in his mind was the greatest Lakota warrior. He told me that my great great Grandfather was born in 1860. He told my Grandfather that Crazy Horse had light skin and brown hair. He also told him that as a boy Crazy Horse was nicknamed ' Light Hair'.


research help: ' In the footsteps of Crazy Horse' by Joseph Marshall III


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: