Sunday, December 13, 2015

I knew Crazy Horse page 4

I knew Crazy Horse page 4 by ric Gustafson


Grandfather took me to the edge of a river. " This is called the North Platte River". He smiled. " Our people called it the Shell River". He pointed to some deep ruts near the edge. " Thousands of wagons caused that".
" Why is that?".
" This was part of the Oregon Trail".
" It was!".
" Yes". His voice hesitated. " The Lakota called this the Shell River Road".
I looked around. " Was Crazy Horse here?".
" Yes, he was".
I smiled. " Grandfather, please tell me what Light Hair thought as he watched all those wagons go by".
" Ok". He smiled at me. " It was the summer of 1852".


research help: ' In the footsteps of Crazy Horse' by Joseph Marshall III


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: