Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Flavius Artemis the centurion page 4

Flavius Artemis the centurion page 4 by ric Gustafson


I searched for the elderly fisherman to give him a warning. I found him at a house belonging to Miriam. The house was at the edge of the Trans Tiler area of the city. The Apostle recognized me. Timothy, Paul's assistant was with him.
" They want to arrest you and Paul and take you to Mamertine Prison".
Nazarius, a friend of Peter's, led us to a deserted stone quarry.
Those present were trying to convince Peter to escape from Rome.
I spoke up. " I could help you to escape to the Alban Hills". I grinned. " And then I could find a ship to take you to Naples or Sicily".
The elderly fisherman stared at me. " I will not leave my brothers and sisters".
I shook my head in agreement. " As a centurion, I understand".
Peter put a hand on my shoulder. " May his will be done".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: