Thursday, December 24, 2015

Flavius Artemis the centurion page 5

Flavius Artemis the centurion page 5 by ric Gustafson


I saw the elderly fisherman the day he was crucified. He smiled at me as he was being led to the Vatican Hill.
" Centurion, two guards were baptized this morning".
A crowd had gathered to accompany Peter to the place of execution.
As we walked, the day was clear and calm. Because of his age, the elderly fisherman was not required to carry his cross.
Peter could hear people praying for him.
We arrived at Vatican Hill and then the soldiers began to dig a hole.
Peter looked toward the city for the last time.
At his request, Peter was crucified upside down.
Watching this, tears came down my face. Memories of another execution began to flood my memory. I began to remember.


research help: ' Quo Vadis ' by Henryk Sienkiewicz


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: