Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy Birthday Prodigal Son page 4

Happy Birthday Prodigal Son page 4 by ric Gustafson


One day, Joseph asked Father for the investment money that had been invested for him. He wanted to go see the world and experience life. I'm upset at Father for letting him do that. I slave away at the plant, never take any time off and what do I get for it. No matter what I do to get Dad's attention, all he talks about is Joseph.
For the last two years, I have worked hard at the plant and have done all I can to please my father. Every once in a while, Joseph would call and talk to Dad. I don't want to talk to him. I graduated from high school with honors and Joseph did not even graduate. And yet, my father still dotes on him.
I started counseling sessions to help with my jealousy issues. Over the last two years, my life began to settle down. I got my first apartment and girlfriend. Just when my relationship with Dad was getting better, Joseph called. He told Dad that all of his investment money was gone and that he was working on a pig farm. He told Dad that he was tired and wanted to come home. He told Dad that he was starting for home tomorrow.
What will happen next, I don't know.


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: