Monday, January 19, 2015

Malchus page 3

Malchus page 3 by ric Gustafson


Malchus tried to walk past the meeting room where the heated exchange was taking place.
" Malchus, come here".
He walked into the room to see his master talking to a tall man who was the Captain of the Temple Guard.
" You are back from taking care of my chariot horses".
" Yes master".
" A den of thieves" Caiaphas screamed as he banged a fist on a nearby table. " Jonathan, he called my temple a den of thieves".
" Sire, next time we will catch him".
" How could you have let him go?".
" Sire, by the time I arrived with my men" he replied in a quiet voice. " The incident was already over, he had already disappeared into the crowd and I did not want a riot on my hands".
" There will not be a next time" he sneered at the son of Annas. " I want you to assemble part of the Sanhedrin here tomorrow in my personal court".
He turned toward his young slave. " Malchus, I want you to go to the Temple tomorrow and help make sure this type of incident will never happen again".
" Yes master".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: