Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Happy Birthday Prodigal Son page 7

Happy Birthday Prodigal Son page 7 by ric Gustafson


I walked into my office and sat down at my desk. Because of new orders, work had been busier than normal. I closed my eyes to relax for a moment. All of a sudden, I heard someone quietly walking up the steps toward my office. There was a quiet knock on the door. The door opened and the person walked in. I looked up to see a young man with a backpack on. He looked a lot thinner than the last time I saw him.
" Hi Dad". He took off the backpack and put it on the ground.
I stood up, walked around the desk and gave my son a long embrace.
" I'm so sorry Dad" he said as he began to cry. " I'm sorry I disappointed you".
" My son, everything that has happened in the last two years has already been forgiven and forgotten".
" Dad, I was wondering if there was a job available here".
I picked up the phone. " Harry, shut down the machines and have the workers meet me in the break room".
" Why is that Sir?".
" My son has returned home".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: