Monday, January 12, 2015

John 9:1-41 page 2

John 9:1-41 page 2 by ric Gustafson


He went to the Pool of Siloam which was at the southern end of Hezekiah's tunnel. As he slowly washed out his eyes, colors and shapes came back into focus. He also began to notice people around him.
Someone pointed at him. " Isn't this the man who used to beg?".
He replied in a loud voice. " I am he, I am the one".
Another person pointed at him. " How then were your eyes opened?".
He smiled. " The man Jesus made clay, put it on my eyes and said go down to Siloam and wash". He showed them his now open eyes.
" Where is he?".
He shook his head. " I don't know".
The people brought the beggar to the Pharisees.
" How did you receive your sight?".
" This man Jesus applied clay to my eyes, I washed and now I see".
A Pharisee sneered at him. " This man is not from God because he does not keep the Sabbath".
Another pointed a finger at him. " What do you say about him now?".
" He is a prophet".
The Pharisees turned toward the parents. " Is this your son who was born blind but now can see?".
" This is our son who was blind but now can see". The father shook his arms in frustration. " How or why we do not know". The father stared at the Pharisees. " Ask him yourselves".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: