Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy Birthday Prodigal Son page 6

Happy Birthday Prodigal Son page 6 by ric Gustafson

I looked out through the glass window of my office. I saw my older son Jeff working very hard as usual. I love Jeff as much as I love Joseph. I worry about him. He has followed in my footsteps and has risen through the ranks at the plant. I worry about him because of his jealousy and anger issues.
He has been going to counseling meetings to help with these issues and his life is getting better. He has a girlfriend now and just moved into an apartment.
His problems started when he got very jealous of his younger brother and also he would get mad at me. He always did good in school and graduated with honors. He became jealous of his brother because he did not graduate from high school and never had to work. He got angry with me for letting Joseph leave home and now he has used up all of his inheritance money.
I feel that Jeff believes that I love Joseph more than him. That is not true. I hope someday he will understand that I love both of them equally. I am waiting for my younger son to return. When he does return, I hope that Jeff will forgive him also.
I love both of them so much.


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: