Monday, September 9, 2013

the Ripper page 1

the Ripper page 1 by ric gustafson


The carriage dropped me off on the front steps of the Whitechapel Hospital. It was my first day at work. The building was old, big and stood out in the East End. When I entered the front of the building, odors hit me right away. I could smell feces, ammonia, urine and acidic smells. The first floor was full of children some toddlers who were running around. Nurses in blue dresses and dirty pinafores were attending women in their beds.
" Carley Sharp".
I turned to see a nurse quickly come down a narrow grimy set of stairs. She looked stressed and angry.
" Yes, I'm Carley Sharp".
" I'm here to take you to Dr Franklin Barnett".
We walked up the stairs to a man who had white hair and a trim beard.
" Hello Miss Sharp". He gave me a big smile. " I'm glad you arrived safely".
" Thank you".
" I'll show you around as we walk toward my office".


research help: ' Ripper' by Amy Carol Reeves


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: