Friday, September 6, 2013

Eva B page 18

Eva B page 18 by ric gustafson


Adi is coming out of the map room smiling. Maybe he is thinking about our upcoming wedding.
" My sweet Evchen, you should leave Berlin with Hans".
" I won't leave you Adi".
He hits a desk hard with a clenched fist. " The German people have let me down". He gives me a sad look. " I want our earth scorched".
" I'm not leaving you".
He holds me tight. " The Allies will never capture and drag me through the streets like a monkey in a cage".
" Adi, how will you do that?".
" I will take cyanide and then shoot myself".
" Then I will die by your side".
Adi now is slightly hunched over and trembling. I do not recognize him.
" Magda and Josef are going to do the same".
I frowned at that notion. " Adi, and then what?".
" Bormann will see that our bodies are completely burned".
" What about the children?".
" They will be also".
I'm eager to burn with Adi in fire. I do not want my bones to be in an American museum.
" At midnight my Evchen, we will be married".


research help: ' The Patient Ecstasy of Fraulein Braun' by Lavonne Mueller


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: