Wednesday, September 25, 2013

a carwash christian life page 3

a carwash christian life page 3 by ric gustafson


Revelation 3:20- ' Behold I stand at the door and knock, if anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in'.


The light turns green and the entrance door opens. I slowly drive in and put the left side tires into a trough. I stop the car next to a machine and then realize that I cannot go any farther. When you pay for your gas and your carwash, you are given a receipt. On this receipt are a series of numbers. You need to key this series of numbers into the machine in order to proceed.
I began to ponder the thought that this machine is like the crossroads in everyone's life. There will be a day when your life will pause and a choice has to be made. Everyone will have two choices and your choice will have eternal consequences.
God will quietly knock on the door to your heart and like the machine, a choice will have to be made. Will you say no and then you will have to back out of the carwash and leave. Or will you say yes and then God, the Son and the Holy Spirit will come in and dwell in you forever.
If you do say yes to God's knock and put the numbers into the machine, you can proceed with the carwash and then be made clean.


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: