Tuesday, May 7, 2024

True Grit page 9

 True Grit page 9 by ric gustafson


I was sitting at the dinner table of the boarding house. The meal was just about over. Then a stranger walked in. He was wearing two revolvers. He asked Mrs Floyd about room and board. The stranger was good looking and around 30 years old. He needed a bath and a shave. He had pale blue eyes and auburn hair. He put his spurs on the dinner table. He put his gun belt on the back of the chair. 
He began to eat. He grinned at me from across the table. " Hidy".
I said nothing.
" I bet your name is Mattie Ross".
I stared at him perplexed. " How do you know that?",
" My name is LaBoeuf". He smiled. " I saw your mother just two days ago".
" What was your business with my mother Mr LaBoeuf?".
" We'll talk about that after I eat". He began to eat. " I am very hungry".


research help: ' True Grit' by Charles Portis


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: