Tuesday, May 14, 2024

True Grit page 14

 True Grit page 14 by ric gustafson


My voice got louder. " That was part of the deal".
" I cannot go up against Ned Pepper's gang and look after baby sister at the same time".
" I am not a baby". I stamped my foot in protest. " You do not need to worry about me".
" You will slow me down". Cogburn's voice got louder. " You will get in my way".
I smiled. " I am a good rider".
" I will be traveling fast and eating light".
I gave Marshal Cogburn an agreement. I gave him 25 dollars. I agreed to give him 25 more when we departed. On completion of the job, I agreed to give him 50 more. He signed it.
" When can we leave?".
" We will cross the ferry at first light tomorrow".


research help: ' True Grit' by Charles Portis


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: