Friday, May 10, 2024

True Grit page 11

 True Grit page 11 by ric gustafson


LaBoeuf smiled. " Maybe I will throw in with you and your Marshal".
" You'll have to talk to Marshal Cogburn about that"
" It could be to our mutual advantage".
I stared at LaBoeuf. " How so?".
" He knows the land". LaBoeuf grinned. " I know Chelmsford I mean Chaney".
LaBoeuf looked at me. " Tell the Marshal it is a two man job to take him alive".
I looked at the Texas Ranger. " Is it important where he hangs?".
" It is to me".
" I want Chaney to pay for killing my father". My voice got quiet. " I want him to hang in Fort Smith".
" I will have a talk with Marshal Cogburn".
" I will not be bullied".
" I'm still going to talk to Marshal Cogburn".


research help: ' True Grit' by Charles Portis


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: