Sunday, May 12, 2024

True Grit page 12

 True Grit page 12 by ric gustafson


The next morning around 9:00, I went to the stock barn. I exchanged my release for $325 in greenbacks. 
" I hope you can find a buyer for the ponies?".
" From the Pfitzer Soap Works of Little Rock". Stonehill smiled. " I have an offer of ten dollars per head".
I went to Lee's store. I asked Lee if Marshal Cogburn was up yet. He smiled and told me that he was still in bed. I walked through the curtain. When I walked into the room, he woke up.
" Well baby sister, I almost gave up on you" He frowned. " I figured you went on home".
" I'm staying at the Monarch boardinghouse". I reached into my pocket. I took out some folded currency. I showed it to Cogburn. " Here is the money we agreed upon".


research help: ' True Grit' by Charles Portis


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric



No comments: