Saturday, February 24, 2024

Flavius Artemis the centurion page 7

Flavius Artemis the centurion page 7 by ric gustafson


The man stepped out of the shadows. He slowly walked toward Caiaphas. Flavius drew his sword and walked quickly between the two. Caiaphas motioned to the centurion that he was alright.
The stranger grinned. " What are you willing to give me if I deliver him to you?".
Caiaphas stared at him. " Who are you?".
" My name is Judas Iscariot". The young man stared at the chief priest. " I believe we have a common interest".
" And what interest is that?".
" The Rabbi from Galilee".
" Ah yes the Rabbi from Galilee". Caiaphas sat down in his chair. " And how can you help us with that situation?".
" I'm the treasurer for their group". Judas glanced around the room. " I can take you to him".
" Why are you doing this?". Caiaphas quietly asked. " What is in it for you?".
" I have my reasons". Judas smiled. " I assume I will be compensated financially".
" Ah yes financially". Caiaphas scratched his chin. " Wait here while I talk to the others".
For a short time, the chief priesr chatted with the other priests. Then he motioned for Flavius to follow him into a small room. He handed the centurion a bag of coins.
" Give this to that Judas as his compensation". He frowned at the centurion. " Go with him and arrest this Rabbi".
" It will be done".
Caiaphas put a hand on Flavius's shoulder. " Be careful, I hear he might be dangerous".


research help: ' The Murder of Jesus' by John Macarthur


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: