Monday, March 5, 2018

I was there page 9

I was there page 9 by ric Gustafson


It was four in the afternoon on Tuesday April 4. I was on my steed along the side of the street. There were three hundred foot soldiers waiting for Herod. I rode out the gate and eventually stopped at the Skull. After a while, I noticed Herod's standard bearer approaching from a nearby ridge. Behind him were foot soldiers six abreast. Behind them were more foot soldiers four abreast. After the foot soldiers came men on horseback four abreast. Then Herod's legion commander rode up to me.
" Greetings centurion".
" Greetings Commander" I smiled. " The route has been secured".
He looked around. " Where's Pilate?".
" Awaiting Herod's arrival".
I watched as the procession eventually went through the Fish Gate. Herod's litter was on two fourteen foot poles. It was lifted by twelve slaves. On top was a cobra crown. It was decorated by gold fringed and tasseled drapes.
Pilate and his wife Claudia awaited the arrival of Herod and Herodias.


research help: ' The soldier who killed a King' by David Kitz


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: