Saturday, March 17, 2018

I was there page 15

I was there page 15 by ric Gustafson


It was seven in the evening on Thursday April 6. Lantern in hand, I walked up the stairs to the prison section of the Fortress. The jailer smiled. He knew why I had come.
I grinned as he unlocked a heavy plank door. " Are you going to join me at the Skull tomorrow?".
" Of course". He swung open the heavy door. " I'll bring my expert crew to help".
" Good". I entered the dank cell. The stench of sweat and urine hit me. Barabbas was sitting against a far wall. His feet were in wooden stocks.
I stared at the zealot who had killed two of my men. " Do you know who I am?".
He looked up at me. He slowly shook his head yes.
I smiled. " I'll see you in the morning". As I walked out of the cell, I could hear him cursing my name.


research help: ' The soldier who killed a King' by David Kitz


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: