Wednesday, March 21, 2018

I was there page 17

I was there page 17 by ric Gustafson


I quietly walked through the merchants and traders. They were angry and thirsty for blood. I approached the stairs with my men. Standing there was Annas, Jonathan and Caiaphas. Jonathan was chief of the temple guards. Annas was Caiaphas's father in law.
As I reached the cedar doors, they opened. Pilate walked out followed by a lawyer. This lawyer was familiar with Roman law. Pilate was dressed in robes of judgment. In his left hand was a wrapped scroll.
He stopped on the fourth step. He cleared his throat. " Where is the man?". Jonathan clapped his hands. Three guards brought in the prisoner. I took a long look at Jesus of Nazareth. I barely recognized him. There were red welts on his neck and face. There was a gash above his left eye. It looked like he had been spat upon.
Pilate waved his hand. " Loose him".
Two of the guards unfastened the straps binding Jesus's arms.


research help: ' The soldier who killed a King' by David Kitz


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: