Tuesday, March 27, 2018

I was there page 22

I was there page 22 by ric Gustafson


I entered the hall. Pilate was going over ledgers with his chief financial officer.
He looked up at me. " So what did the tetrarch say?".
" He heard the charges against him". I hesitated. " He sent him back to you".
Pilate sighed. " Did he provide a written judgment?".
" No!". I hesitated again. " He simply dismissed us".
Pilate sighed again. " Dismissed is dismissed". He walked to the window and stared at the unruly crowd. Just then, a messenger ran in.
" Your Excellency, a message from the first lady".
Pilate threw up his hands in disgust. " What is it?".
The young messenger opened the small parchment. " Because of a troubling dream that I had". His voice hesitated. " Have nothing to do with this man". He handed it to Pilate.
Pilate walked outside and sat down on the judgment seat. He read Claudia's message. In frustration. he threw the parchment on the ground. It blew away.


research help: ' The soldier who killed a King' by David Kitz


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: