Wednesday, March 28, 2018

I was there page 23

I was there page 23 by ric Gustafson


Pilate motioned for Caiaphas and Annas. " You brought me this man and I have examined him". He stared at the two men. " I find no basis for charges neither does Herod". His voice hesitated. " He has done nothing to deserve death".
A murmur rose from the crowd.
" Therefore, I will punish him and then release him".
Caiaphas clutched his beard. Annas stamped his foot hard.
Protest erupted from the crowd.
Pilate noticed soldiers approaching with Barabbas and the two thieves.
" But it is your custom to release one prisoner at the time of Passover". He pointed at Jesus. " Do you want me to release  the ' king of the Jews?".
Caiaphas screamed. " No, not him". He pointed at the criminal. " We want Barabbas".
Pilate looked at me. " Have him flogged". His tired voice hesitated. " Then bring him back here".


research help: ' the soldier who killed a King' by David Kitz


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: