Thursday, March 29, 2018

I was there page 24

I was there page 24 by ric Gustafson


I stood next to a naked bloodied Jesus.
Pilate turned to the angry crowd. " Here is the man".
The entire crowd yelled. " Crucify Crucify".
" You take him and crucify him". There was anger in his voice. " As for me, I find no basis for a charge against him".
Annas spoke up. " We have a law". He looked at Jesus. " He must die because he claimed to be the Son of God".
Pilate sighed. " Bring him back in".
The three of us walked into the hall.
Pilate looked at Jesus. " Where do you come from?".
Jesus was silent.
Anger came over Pilate's face. " Do you refuse to speak to me?".
Jesus was still silent.
" Don't you realize I have the power to free you or crucify you?".
Jesus stared at Pilate. " You would have no power over me if it were not given to you". His tired voice hesitated. " The one who handed me to you is guilty of a greater sin".
Pilate thought about that statement for a moment. Then he decided what to do.
" Stay here, I will have you released".


research help: ' the soldier who killed a King' by David Kitz


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: