Wednesday, March 7, 2018

I was there page 10

I was there page 10 by ric Gustafson


It was six in the evening on Tuesday April 4. I was at the Golden Gate. One of my men ran up to me.
" Flavius Sir". His voice hesitated. " That rabble rouser is at it again".
I knew who he was talking about. " What is he up to now?".
" He was teaching in the temple compound".
" Then what happened?".
" Then the high priest and other officials arrived". His voice hesitated again. " They asked him by what authority he was doing these things?".
I scratched my chin. " What was his response?".
" He asked them by what authority did John baptize?".
" What was their response?".
" They said we don't know".
I shook my head.
The soldier gave me a puzzled stare. " Who was this John any way?".
I thought for a moment. " A few years back, he caused quite a stir".
" Today, it was as if they were trying to trap him".
I shook my head. " You are probably right".


research help: ' The Soldier who killed a King' by David Kitz


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: