Monday, March 19, 2018

I was there page 16

I was there page 16 by ric Gustafson


It was five forty five in the morning on Friday April 7. I was finishing dressing when there was a knock on my door. I opened it to reveal one of my men.
" Morning Sir". He grinned. " You have been summoned by Pilate to the Praetorium immediately".
I strapped on my sword. " Did the messenger explain why?".
" Yes". His voice hesitated. " Jesus of Nazareth has been arrested".
I gave him a puzzled look. " The Galilean?".
" Yes". He sighed. " Caiaphas has brought him before Pilate to be judged".
I took the pouch of spikes off of a peg and put them on my belt. " Pilate asked for me personally".
" Yes Sir he did". He walked out the door. " Please hurry".
I sighed as I followed him out. I had not even had breakfast yet.


research help: ' The soldier who killed a King' by David Kitz


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: