Thursday, February 13, 2014

Noah's wife page 20

Noah's wife page 20 by ric gustafson


Early one morning, I walk up to my husband as he gazes toward the peak of the mountain. His eyes are closed as if he is in pain. " What is wrong husband?".
" I had a dream that I found a village of sinners who had survived".
" What happened in your dream?".
" I shouted at them to repent their ways and change".
" Then what happened?".
" I woke up in a cold sweat and had trouble breathing".
I knew then that my husband needed rest and was tired.
One night, I find my husband lying underneath a tree. I join him. " I want to thank you for our children and grandchildren".
Noah smiles as he hugged me. " I have been thinking of a name for you".
" Husband, what name is that?".
" God gave me a righteous woman who has carried a mark on her forehead all these years without complaining".
" What are you saying husband?".
" The matriarch of all mankind needs a worthy name". He hugs me again. " What name shall I call you?". The sun was beginning to peak over the mountaintop. " Dawn is a new beginning".
" So what will my name be?".
" Shahar which means dawn in the new world".
" That is good enough for me".
We get up and begin to walk back to our tent.
Now I have a name.
My name is Shahar.

The End.


research help: ' Sinners and the Sea' by Rebecca Kanner


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: