Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Noah's wife page 19

Noah's wife page 19 by ric gustafson


One day, my husband walks up to me. " Wife, how far down the trees can you see?".
I can feel the heat outside the boat. I smile. " All the way".
" My eyesight fails me". He gives me a hug. " Tell me more".
" Below us is a valley with just a stream running through it".
The three boys get out of the boat and then catch us in their strong arms. We walk into green dry grass. We take off our sandals and walk in it. I turn toward my husband. " Husband, is our work done?".
" Almost".
As we sit under a tree, we watch as our three sons chase the animals out of the boat. First the small animals then the large ones. The raven and the dove returned.
Our sons have made a sleeping tent for my husband and I.
One night, my husband could not sleep.
" What is wrong my husband?".
" It is hard for me to sleep without the noise of the Sea and the wail of the sinners".
I smile as he eventually falls asleep.


research help: ' Sinners and the Sea' by Rebecca Kanner


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: