Tuesday, February 11, 2014

my name is Jesus page 3

my name is Jesus page 3 by ric gustafson


These men who came to Herod's castle were called Magi. They were astronomers, diviners and wise men. They had studied the Tanakh which was a collection of history, prophecy, poetry and songs telling the story of the Jewish people. They had traveled almost a thousand miles over desert following a bright star.
" Where is the one who has been born the king of the Jews?".
Herod gave them a perplexed look.
" We have seen his star in the east and have come to worship him".
Herod gave them an angry stare and then clapped his hands. " Bring me my religious advisors". Some teachers of religious law and some priests ran in. " Tell me where I can find this new King?".
One of the teachers spoke up. " According to the prophet Micah, it will be in Bethlehem which is in Judea".
" Go" he told the three men. " When you have found the child, report back to me so that I can worship him also".
The men leave and figured out Herod's real intentions. They do not return.


research help: ' Killing Jesus' by Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: