Saturday, February 8, 2014

my name is Jesus page 1

my name is Jesus page 1 by ric gustafson


My name is Jesus and this is my Easter story. I believe to tell a story you need to start at the beginning. When I was really young, I lived in a village named Bethlehem. One day, heavily armed soldiers from Jerusalem came intent on finding me and killing me. The soldiers were foreign mercenaries from Greece, Gaul and Syria. The one who sent them was a man named Herod.
They did not know my name so this Herod told his soldiers to murder every male child under two years of age. It is springtime and the soldiers feet are clad in sandals. They come to do what Herod has instructed them to do. They must follow orders and do their jobs or risk being killed for insubordination. They come for me wearing swords named pugio and gladius. These weapons are attached to their waists.
While the soldiers search for me, Herod is gazing out a palace window waiting for the confirmation that I am dead.


research help: ' Killing Jesus' by Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: