Friday, February 14, 2014

my name is Jesus page 4

my name is Jesus page 4 by ric gustafson


The Temple was the most important and sacred building in all Judea. It is a physical embodiment of the Jewish people and their faith. It was first built by Solomon in the 10th century B.C. It was leveled by the Babylonians in 586 B.C. and then rebuilt by Zerubbabel  nearly 70 years later. Herod renovated and expanded it making it larger than Solomon's.
As Herod kept looking for me, I actually visited the Temple twice. The first time was when I was eight days old. I was brought there to be circumcised according to prophecy. The second time was when I was forty days old. I was brought there to be formally presented to God. This was in keeping with the laws of the Jewish faith. My father purchased a pair of turtledoves that were sacrificed for the occasion.
One thing I remember was that two strangers were waiting for me to arrive. An old man named Simeon took me into his arms, offered a prayer to God and thanked him for the chance to see the new King with his own eyes. The other was a woman named Anna who was 84 years old. She had spent all of her waking hours in the Temple fasting and praying. She praised me and thanked my parents for bringing this special baby boy into the world.
My parents marveled at the words of these two special people. After it was all over, we left Jerusalem.
If only Herod knew I was only 600 yards from his throne room.


research help: ' Killing Jesus' by Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: