Sunday, February 16, 2014

my name is Jesus page 6

my name is Jesus page 6 by ric gustafson


I am sitting among a group of Jewish scholars and listening to their insights about common faith. I am 12 years old and I am sitting in a terrace of the Chamber of Hewn Stone. The priests and the teachers are astonished at my understanding of complex spiritual concepts. They are listening to my words and marveling at my gifts.
I know that my parents are looking for me but I need to be here. My desire to dig deeper into the meaning of God overwhelms me. I don't think my actions are disobedient. I have a lot of questions to ask.
My parents are searching through the Lower City for me and are concerned that I am scared, lonely and hungry. They enter the Temple and then walk up the stone staircase to the Temple Mount. They walk into the Court of the Gentiles and search for me. They walk through the Eastern Gate and into the Court of Women.
Finally, at the terrace where the scribes teach the scriptures to believers they find me. My mother gave me an irate look. " Son, why have you treated us like this?". They could not believe my talking about my real Father. " Your father and I have been anxiously searching for you".
" Why were you searching for me". I stared at them. " Didn't you know I had to be in my father's house?".
My father and mother lead me from the Temple and back home.


research help: ' Killing Jesus' by Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: