Saturday, February 8, 2014

Noah's wife page 16

Noah's wife page 16 by ric gustafson


I try to hang on as the storm grows wild and cages are flying across the floor. I hear lighting and thunder outside. Then all of a sudden, silence.
" Do you hear that?" Ham asked.
" Son, I don't hear anything".
" I know Mother, it's silence".
Shem slowly opens the hatch. He sees water and then gray light.
Japheth walks up the ramp to the deck and the rest of us follow.
We stare at the Sea that God emptied on everyone except us.
Noah is now standing next to me. " The sinners have not been destroyed".
" Husband, what do you mean?".
" God is pausing between the rain and the worst of the flooding". Noah stared at the Sea and could see the last of the sinners screaming and going under the water.


research help: ' Sinners and the Sea' by Rebecca Kanner


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: