Saturday, February 15, 2014

my name is Jesus page 5

my name is Jesus page 5 by ric gustafson


One day when I was twelve or thirteen, my parents could not find me. Traveling northeast from Jerusalem is dusty and barren. This path leads downhill toward the Jordan Valley and the desert of Perea. My parents were walking with a long line of pilgrims back to Nazareth after the Jerusalem Passover Festival.
My parents were stopped at the city gate to pay the publican a tax on goods purchased. My parents were part of an enormous caravan to protect themselves from robbers, kidnappers and slavers. My parents had not seen me since yesterday but they figured that I was somewhere in the caravan with family or friends.
The caravan is going around Samaria which is not a good or safe route. There are few sources of food or water and the landscape was desert and rugged wilderness. My parents felt reassured that I would reappear in the morning.
By noon the next morning, I was nowhere to be found. My parents walked through the caravan asking about my whereabouts. No one had seen me. My parents decided to walk back to Jerusalem to look for me.
I knew they were coming back for me. My destiny had to be fulfilled.


research help: ' Killing Jesus' by Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: