Saturday, June 23, 2012

where is your God? page 3

where is your God? page 3 by ric gustafson


Brett saw the mile marker. " Only 10 miles to go".
" We have not formally met".
" Sorry". He turned down the radio. " I'm Brett Rowson".
" People call me J.C.".
" Nice to meet you". He quickly glanced around. " I'm really thirsty".
" I have two bottles of water in my bag" he said as he noticed the 8 mile marker. " You can have one of them". He reached into his small white bag and took out a bottle. He took off the cap and handed it to the young man.
" Thanks". He lifted the bottle and drank deeply. He saw the 7 mile marker. He drank deeply again. " Only seven more miles".
J.C. sipped from the other bottle.
For six miles, the two drank in silence.
Brett saw the mile marker. " One mile". He handed the now empty water bottle to J.C.. " Thanks for the water".
" Your welcome".


research help:  a sermon by Rev John Lewis


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: