Thursday, June 21, 2012

the stranger who came to town page 9

the stranger who came to town page 9 by ric gustafson


Pastor Winters put his pastoral robe on a hook which was on a coat tree in his cramped tiny office. He put some earphones on to listen to some music and relax.
There was a knock on the door.
Josh peeked in. " Pastor, can I talk to you for a minute?".
" Sure Josh" he replied. He took off his earphones and put them on his desk. " Please have a seat".
" Thanks".
" What's on your mind Josh?".
" First of all, I enjoyed your sermon on false prophets" he said as he gathered his thoughts. " I felt strange when I shook Homer's hand".
" I did too".
" Pastor, I need your prayers" he said quietly. " Financially, things haven't changed much for the motel".
" I'll pray for you and your father as far as the financial situation goes".
" I also need prayers about my relationship with Clarice".
" I will also pray about that" Pastor Winters said as he wrote the prayer requests in a notebook he had on his desk. " Where is Clarice anyway?".



Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: