Sunday, June 3, 2012

the stranger who came to town page 5

the stranger who came to town page 5 by ric gustafson


" I'm sorry I cannot shake your hand very well" Clarice said as she rubbed her arm and elbow and winced. " My arm and elbow are extremely sore probably due to my tennis playing".
" I'm sorry to hear that" Homer replied as he touched Clarice's arm. Immediately, she felt warmth to her arm and elbow and they did not feel sore any longer.
" I hope you feel better".
Josh and Clarice sat back down and ordered breakfast. Flora brought them toast, scrambled eggs and juice.
" So where are you going after you eat?" Homer asked as Flora gave him his bill.
" Church" Josh said as he ate his toast. " We go to the only church in town".
" What church is that?" he asked as he gave Flora some money for his breakfast.
" Abundant Joy Lutheran Church". He took a bite of his scrambled eggs. " It's the only church in town".
" Would you mind if I came to a service?" Homer asked as he gave him a strange grin. " My travel plans have suddenly changed".

No comments: