Saturday, June 16, 2012

the Car Show page 2

the Car Show page 2 by ric gustafson


I saw a small sign that said ' Heaven Bound' and walked up to it. It looked like an old souped up coupe in more dazzling colors than any car I had ever seen. The car stood out from every other car in the show. My eyes had to look away because of the dazzling colors. I smiled knowing that my father in law would have loved looking at this car.
" Why so sad?" asked a voice from behind the car. A young bearded man wearing white coveralls with no stains on them came out from behind the car. He wiped his hands off with a towel. " I was wondering why you looked so sad?".
" Sometimes when I think about my father in law I get sad".
" Do not let your heart be troubled, trust in the Lord and believe in God".
" I know".
" Your father in law will be taken care of in God's arms" the man said with a large grin." Have a cheerful heart and pray for him".
" I already do".
" Great" he said as he gave me a hug. " Go in peace and serve the Lord".
I turned to leave when I heard a strange sound. I turned to see that the young man and the car were gone. Feeling better, I left the car show knowing that my father in law was in God's arms and safe.


The End- dedicated to Tom E


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: