Monday, June 18, 2012

the stranger who came to town page 8

the stranger who came to town page 8 by ric gustafson


Pastor Winters took a sip of water from a glass near his bible. " The text for this morning's meditation is based on I John 4:1". He cleared his throat. " Dear friends, do not believe every spirit but test the spirits to see if they are from God because many false prophets have gone out into the world". For the next twenty minutes, Pastor Winters explained that there were many false prophets in the world and to watch out for them. When the service ended, he walked to the back of the sanctuary to greet the parishioners as they left.
" I don't think we've met" Linda said as Homer stood. " Linda Langford".
" Homer Tang" he replied with a strange grin. " May I ask what happened to your shoulder?".
" I had surgery on it a couple years ago and now I can barely lift my left arm".
" I'm sorry to hear that" he said as he put his hand on top of her left shoulder. Instant warmth came to that area. She raised her left hand to her mouth in surprise. " I hope it gets better".
" Great service" Josh said as he and Clarice shook the Pastor's hand.
" I did too" Homer said as he shook the Pastor's hand.
" Pastor Winters, this is Homer Tang" Josh said. " He's staying at the motel".
Pastor Winters felt something strange when he shook Homer's hand. A weird sensation started to come over him.


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: