Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Nehemiah page 3

Nehemiah page 3 by ric gustafson


Late one evening, Nehemiah walked through the back door. " Simeon, how are Sarah's skills progressing?".
Father took a mouthful of some soup she had prepared for him. " I believe her scribing skills are coming better than her cooking skills".
" That's good" was his response as he smiled. " Today, I acted in Sarah's best interest".
Sarah stared at her cousin. " What have you done Nehemiah?".
" Sarah is going to be the queen's senior scribe".
Simeon stared at Nehemiah. " How could this be?".
" I told the queen that I knew a woman who was a very talented senior scribe" he said as he sat down on a cushion. " She agreed to try Sarah out for a period of time".
" I will never see my daughter again".
" You will be able to see Sarah at the palace anytime you wish".
Nehemiah looked at his young cousin. " Sarah, will you at least try it?".
" Yes".


research help: ' harvest of rubies' by Tessa Afshar


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: