Saturday, April 2, 2011

Sergius Paulus and Elymas part 2

Sergius Paulus and Elymas part 2 by ric gustafson.


Sergius Paulus was enjoying his breakfast for a change and was in a pretty good mood. Because he was the Roman proconsul for the entire island, his breakfast and all of his meals were usually interrupted by aides asking him something.
He was still eating when an aide walked in.
" Your court advisor, Elymas is here".
" Show him in".
His court advisor walked in and sat down across the table from him. He had a stern look on his face.
" What's wrong Elymas?".
" I've been hearing disturbing news about you?".
" What news is that?" was the reply as Sergius yawned because of boredom.
" I heard you were interested in meeting with those three Jewish evangelists who have come to the island".
" That is true, I do".
" Why".
" First of all, I am the proconsul and do not want any trouble on my island" he said in a quiet voice. " I also want to know what these three men are preaching to the people".
" Have nothing to do with these men" Elymas said in a loud voice.
" For what reasons?".
" These men are talking lies, I advise you to stay away from them".
" As proconsul, I want to talk to them".
Elymas got out of his chair and walked toward the door. " As you wish, just remember my warning".
Sergius sighed and wondered why he kept Elymas as his court advisor.




Everyone have a great Saturday. Love Ric.

No comments: