Sunday, April 10, 2011

the spider and the fly part 5

the spider and the fly part 5 by ric gustafson. Jennifer did not talk to Samson for a long time. A week before the start of school, he ran into Jennifer as she watched Anthony Wheeler finish his powerlifting practice. " Hi Jennifer" he said as she walked by him. " How come you don't talk to me anymore?". " Because Samson, all you do is lie to me" she said with hurt in her voice. " I'm going to find somebody else to spend my time with". " I told you all the myths my mother told me". " Goodbye Samson" she said as she walked with Anthony Wheeler toward the door of the gym. He quietly walked up and whispered into her ear " I'm a Nazirite, if you cut my long hair I will become weak like everyone else". She smiled knowing he had finally told the truth. One night as they watched a movie at her parents house, Samson fell asleep. Jennifer got some barber scissors and cut off most of Samson's hair. She shook him awake. " Samson, someone's here to harm me". " What happened?". Samson tried to get up and knew immediately that something was wrong. He felt weak as if he had no strength left. The first powerlifting competition of the school year came and Samson could hardly lift the weight. His rival, Anthony Wheeler won the competition. Samson lost every competition that year and wondered where his strength went. As the final competition came up, Samson's hair was growing back and he was getting stronger. It was the final competition of the year and Samson walked up to the weight. He prayed to God for great strength one last time. Samson lifted the heavy weight and beat Anthony Wheeler for the final time in his high school career. The End Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric.

No comments: