Monday, April 11, 2011

the man who fed the birds and squirrels page 2

the man who fed the birds and squirrels page 2 by ric gustafson. Robbie looked at his father. " What is it dad?". " Robbie, I need your help with the lawn this summer". His son hit the plastic golf ball close to the fence. He walked over and picked it up. " DAd, I need to practice so I can play on next year's team". " I need your help son". The 16 year old picked up the plastic ball and then stared at the neighbor's backyard. He smiled as he walked back. " What are you smiling about?". " I was watching the birds and squirrels eating their food". " That's old man Barnes" he said as he looked at his watch. " He's a crazy old man". " I've met him dad" was the reply as he put his 7 iron back into his bag. " I think he's nice". " I need to go to work" he said as he turned to leave. " Stay away from that crazy old man". Everyone have a great Monday evening. Love Ric.

No comments: